28 November 2007

seven things you don't know about me

Kario tagged me to share seven things you don't know about me. Here goes.

1. I'm (mostly) ambidextrous. I can only write with my left. I can only use sissors with my right. Most other things I can do with either/both.

2. I was the kid who ate glue.

3. I tried to hold myself back a grade to repeat fifth grade. My parents started me a year early. All my friends were a grade behind me. The summer between fifth and sixth my school merged with two others. I figured, with so many new kids, I could repeat a grade without many people noticing. No stigma. A week before school started the principal called me to a meeting where he convinced me to start sixth grade and "if you're unhappy, then you can go back to fifth." Yeah, right. Like no-one would notice that. And, you know what. I was right. Would have been way better off in my right grade.

4. I can pick up things with my toes.

5. I can wink my left eye, but not my right.

6. As a kid I had such an intense phobia of anything related to death, I had to close my eyes when we drove past a cemetery.

7. I wanted to go out for the football team in 7th grade, but my parents wouldn't let me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

Key-rist, I hate that principal! What kind of kid does all that thinking/planning and doesn't already know what's best for her? Stupid principal! When will we listen to children?

5:33 PM  
Blogger kario said...

DAMN! I knew tagging you was the right thing to do. How did you ever narrow it down to just seven things? You are just a walking enigma, my dear and I love it. Love that you are ambidextrous, especially because I think it says so much about your overall uniqueness.

I hope your girls can someday fully appreciate the mother they were given. If not, you just send them to me for a bit and I'll straighten them out, K?

8:35 PM  
Blogger riversgrace said...

The glue part says everything. Love all these goodies.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Awesome! I know someone else who is ambidextrous; I think it is extremely cool and also signifies brilliance.

Okay, it's time to find a neighborhood football team to join, stat. (You know, in all your free time....) I bet your right hand throws a mean touchdown pass!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

And you would have made such an excellent football player!! I'm gonna have to talk to your parents about that.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home