04 March 2008


Lookie here. I have a blog. Huh? I'm sorry, brain fog. I'm supposed to do what with this thing, write stuff. Hmm. Got no stuff to write. Got no words. Got nothin.

Got a few quarters in a glass pyrex bowl on the table, stiff in my neck and hurt in my head.

Got flowers dead in the vase and laundry on the floor.

Got snores from the bedroom and burn in my eyes.

Got my bare feet propped on the file case. Prop.

Got cat walk bridge dreams hanging on by a cloth. Got unopened bills and unopened thoughts.

Got dishes in the sink and play-doh on the wall.

Got two asleep.

Got to.

Got to got to got to got to got.

Got to keep on.

Going.


*Image courtesy of: http://www.nrl.navy.mil/NewsRoom/images/clem.jpg

10 Comments:

Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Wow. Powerful.

I hear that.

5:35 AM  
Blogger kario said...

Isn't it amazing how caught up we get? And it's so hard to see our way out of it. I'm there right now - should be cleaning, folding, scrubbing, weeding, feeding, exercising, writing, meditating...should, should, should. All I want is to just be. Where's the damn remote that stops this planet spinning?

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nicely done.

you got rhythm, don't forget.

got it got it got it got.

xotg

1:31 AM  
Blogger Jerri said...

Got mad writing skills.

And the love of friends.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

"Got cat walk bridge dreams hanging on by a cloth. Got unopened bills and unopened thoughts."

KEY-RIST! this is good!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

OK, you say you posted a short random post, not much of anything. And you get more comments on the quality of the writing than I see anywhere. Make a note of that. There's a good reason!

Its because you rock, and yes, you got rhythm, mad writing skills, and big love of your friends.

You'll get there, if there's a there to get to.

And if I talked like Carrie, I'd say ditto Carrie. :)

9:00 PM  
Blogger riversgrace said...

She's back! Like no other, that's how you see. Love it. Miss you on the waves.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Go Mama said...

I hear you. loud and clear. but you still got it!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Go Mama said...

It's April 1st. Time for a new post....

11:11 AM  
Blogger Jen McGrath said...

OMIGOD. It's like I was destined to find this blog today. I just posted about laundry on the floor. And how I need to write more. You are a great writer. What a joy to read you. Now, stop being so entertainingly good, so I can get back to work!!!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home