29 March 2007

gratitude


I'm back to work this afternoon. Rested and realized and ready to face the rigors of daily life again. I started to write a post about gratitude, but realized I already wrote it.

Five other stories are fighting to make it from my mind to the page. Instead of re-hashing I invite you who haven't read it (and you who have) to step back a few months with me.

Last month in workshop, Sunday morning, I said I hadn't done my re-write. That I had blogged that morning but wasn't reading that either. I was reading an older piece instead (I wanted to do happy). Jennifer asked for the fresher work, a rant about my brain, and I'm glad that I delivered it.

Still, I want to share my gratitude. On days like that, and days like this, I know. I have everything I need.

Comment here or comment there, because I LOVE your comments!

Love

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

That post was so beautiful! What an incredible unfolding of stories in tandem, weaving in and out of each other.

You have such a poetic sense of movement. Prema commented then that you could ride the wave of your writing home, which I believe and which was interesting because I feel like I'm riding the wave of your writing when I read it, if that makes sense.

Wonderful! And such an important reminder to appreciate deeply all we are so blessed to have.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Deb Shucka said...

Thanks Holly. It was nice to get to know a bit more about you, and to see one more time how really courageous you are. I love, too, how you wove the two stories together in a way that makes what's really important as clear as a diamond.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I love that tree!! Love the colors.

So glad you are feeling some gratitude today. Me too...

And I can't wait for those other five stories.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

You rock in all ways possible! I could, and hope to soon, read hundreds and hundreds of pages of your writing and still want more!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Gorgeous photo. Just stopped by your blog for the first time today and really like it. Gratitude. What a great topic. Thanks for the reminder that I'm grateful for so much.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home