01 August 2007

on traveling

Keep thinking of all of us on our journeys. Traveling inward and traveling outward ~ and some of us doing both simultaneously!

So, for you, my dear travelers. With love.



"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it"
~Rosalia de Castro



"All journey's have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."
~Martin Buber



"Travel is glamorous only in retrospect."
~Paul Theroux



"Travel is flight and pursuit in equal parts."
~Paul Theroux (Love PT - read The Old Patagonian Express)



"Traveler, there is no path, paths are made by walking."
~Antonia Machado



"May your trails be crooked, winding, dangerous, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view."
~Edward Abbey



Traveling mercies. Love to you all.
h

8 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Gorgeous pictures, great colors. Wish my travels looked like that. Glad yours did! Bilbo looks so happy in that mud. Don't you have one with you in it though?

8:11 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

PS And I love the quotes, too. Especially that Edward Abbey one! ;)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Deb Shucka said...

Very soothing and inspiring all at the same time. Since I'm just getting to know you, I'm very curious about the stunning pictures. Lovely post.

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...flight and pursuit in equal parts."

Yes! Lovely!
xo t

4:53 AM  
Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Beautiful pictures.

Beautiful quotes!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

Ah, Holly, so timely!

love.

3:18 PM  
Blogger kario said...

I'm with Tracy! Love the Paul Theroux quote - it describes so much of what my journeys are!

By the way - I'm on my way...yippee!

9:05 PM  
Blogger riversgrace said...

Thank you for the beautiful walk through what I love most.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home