23 June 2007

dude, there's my car: part II

It has, ahem, come to my attention that last month I posted about my wayward automobile ... and left you all hanging.

Really, the whole stolen car thing is getting a little dull over here. The car goes, the car comes. The car goes, the car comes. The car goes, blah, blah, blah.

It doesn't even go far. This time, if I had a clear shot and a solid arm, I could have hit it with a rock from my front stoop. It was "recovered" about one hundred yards from my apartment. (recovered meaning towed from the street to an impound lot that took two buses to reach and where it cost $120 to claim.) Really, they couldn't even muster the courtesy to JUST PUT IT BACK after riffling through it?

So, meet my car's new best friend: The Club. Next time I'll have the satisfaction of knowing they had to work for it!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I am so glad you got that Club! I was going to have to steal one for you if you didn't. ;)

1:28 AM  
Blogger Deb Shucka said...

Now they'll have to rifle your car quickly right where it is! At least you'll save the insane towing fees. That still makes no sense to me whatsoever. :)

9:53 AM  
Blogger kario said...

Good for you, Holly! I love that you have a sense of humor about this. It's a good thing you love that car so much. That's probably why it keeps coming back to you.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

I have not seen The Club since my years in DC over a decade ago. They are much snazzier now.

That's a fancy Club ya got there.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

OK, is it WRONG to laugh that Jess would have STOLEN a club and Michelle has club envy?

8:05 PM  
Blogger susan said...

You need LoJack, babe!

(Of course I just wish I could put LoJack on my kids ...)

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home