05 September 2007

exactly

Me after pulling Josie off the top of a table for the 5th time: It's not OK to crawl on the table Josie. Time out next time you crawl on the table.

Josie at 2 years, 9 months: Why?

me: Because people eat on the table and its yucky. Because it not safe. Because the table is for food to sit on, not Josie. Because it's the rule. Who makes the rules.

Josie: Mommy makes the rules.

me: That's right. Mommy is in charge and mommy makes the rules. Who follows the rules?

Josie: NO ONE!

7 Comments:

Blogger kario said...

Ugh. Been there, my dear. I often get told that I'm only the boss when Daddy's not home (he's more fun than me, you see). He's the 'big boss' because he knows how to work the XBox 360.

Wish the 'big boss' knew how to work the dishwasher or the floor mop....

11:13 AM  
Blogger Jerri said...

That's HILARIOUS!

Probably funnier to me than to some of you, because no one crawls on my tables anymore. Unless it's me, of course.

Oh, Josie, baby. You are SO smart.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Funny! Almost as funny as the other things they said today. I think she knew this was funny, as did Amelia, because they repeated it to me later in the car when I was telling them how great it would be if they could listen to their mommy for the next hour. Ah well, you can't outsmart those two.

So good to see them today. :) And you!

xo

10:27 PM  
Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

I hate children.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Deb Shucka said...

I wonder if Mommy follows the rules. . . .

10:47 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

This is the best post I have read today!!!!!

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

smartypants!
xo t

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home